.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The collected opinions of an august and aristocratic personage who, despite her body having succumbed to the ravages of time, yet retains the keen intellect, mordant wit and utter want of tact for which she was so universally lauded in her younger days. Being of a generation unequal to the mysterious demands of the computing device, Lady Bracknell relies on the good offices of her Editor for assistance with the technological aspects of her journal.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bracknell Towers

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Home again, home again, jiggety jig


I have had a truly wonderful time "up that London" at Hotel Algernon, and wouldn't have missed a moment of it for the world, but, oh, it is so nice to be home...

When I have the strength - which may be tomorrow or may not be until the weekend - I will write at (probably tedious) length about what I've been up to, and with whom.

Just for the moment, though, I hope this photograph of me striding purposefully across the Inner Courtyard at Buck House (for reasons which I can no longer recall) will do to temporarily assuage the curiosity of everyone who has expressed such kind interest in The Hat and The Outfit.

And now I am going to take to my bed. Possibly for something in the region of thirty six hours.


The Editor

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

fantastic. that hat was well worth the stress and drama

WCD

6:14 pm  
Blogger Wilf said...

You look absolutely fab! Can't wait to hear the detail.
Addy

8:34 pm  
Blogger Mary said...

Congratulations to The Editor, MBE, on successfully carrying off The Hat and The Outfit (including matching stick if I see correctly?) with considerable aplomb. I am looking forwards to hearing ALL about your time in London.

10:49 pm  
Blogger Katie said...

Lovely hat, lovely outfit, lovely weekend.

Enjoy the sleep.

11:48 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back My Dear.

Ha! See! Whilst you were gadding about the big city and rubbing shoulders with royalty, I have mastered the electronic typimmg devoce for mysilf.

Nevertheless, I trust I will see you bright and early tomorrow morning - there is quite a stack of dictation and filing to be dealt with.

Lady Bracknell

P.S. Only kidding. It's Dude really ;<) Glad it went well. The gladrags look stunning!

2:28 am  
Blogger Wrinkled Weasel said...

Congratulations on your award. And a splendid outfit.

10:58 am  
Blogger Alexandra said...

That is quite an amazing outfit. The color is perfect! I look forward to hearing more.

2:15 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You look positively resplendent. And that is a magnificent hat.

6:05 am  
Blogger Buttongrrrl said...

What a wonderful outfit. The hat is fabulous too.

10:42 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home