.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The collected opinions of an august and aristocratic personage who, despite her body having succumbed to the ravages of time, yet retains the keen intellect, mordant wit and utter want of tact for which she was so universally lauded in her younger days. Being of a generation unequal to the mysterious demands of the computing device, Lady Bracknell relies on the good offices of her Editor for assistance with the technological aspects of her journal.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bracknell Towers

Saturday, November 11, 2006

All's well that ends well

If you've been following the drama surrounding The Hat with bated breath, you'll be relieved to hear that all is now well.

In the end, the stretcher wasn't used. The milliner actually took The Hat apart and rebuilt it last night. (Which, given that she didn't leave here until gone nine, will give you some indication of how committed she was to having it ready on time.)

One photograph has been taken on my mobile phone so that I will be able to work out where the front of The Hat is (you may laugh, but I have little experience of formal chapeaux) next Friday.

I reveal this fact to you only to taunt you, you understand, as I won't actually be publishing any photos on Lady Bracknell's blog until after the investiture ceremony. Er, and The Hat has been professionally packed away in its box, and I dursn't take it out again to photograph it myself in case I haven't the skill to re-pack it securely.



By the way, I ought to mention that something very odd is happening with Blogger comments just at the moment. Apologies if you've made comments and they've taken an age to be published. Blogger either doesn't email me at all, or emails me about the same comment several times. I'm hoping it's a temporary aberration.


The Editor

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dame Honoria is most relieved to hear that the hat is now safely delivered.

One hopes the Editor has an enjoyable time at the Palace. I believe the expression is break a leg .

2:53 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank goodness! (About the Hat, I mean.) The nation can now release its breath until The Day.

As to Blogger, I believe they have been/are carrying out site maintenance/improvement. And we all know what that means in terms of disruption, inconvenience, and strange happenings.

3:11 pm  
Blogger Wrinkled Weasel said...

re blogger comments.
Yes, I got your failed mail notice, which sort of reveals your secret identity (or is it your real identity!!)

never mind.

12:30 pm  
Blogger marmiteboy said...

I'd like to repor that I have had a butchers at the hat via the aforementioned phone picture and I can report that it is very impressive. If it rains I shall be sheltering beneath it.

1:36 pm  
Blogger Wilf said...

Wow, fancy having to build a hat, no wonder it has taken so long. I really hope you have good time being crowned, Lady Bracknell.

9:21 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been following this saga with bated breath; Yay! Hooray for the milliner - and yay for the editor - I am sure she will look fab at the palace!

8:38 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home