.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The collected opinions of an august and aristocratic personage who, despite her body having succumbed to the ravages of time, yet retains the keen intellect, mordant wit and utter want of tact for which she was so universally lauded in her younger days. Being of a generation unequal to the mysterious demands of the computing device, Lady Bracknell relies on the good offices of her Editor for assistance with the technological aspects of her journal.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bracknell Towers

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Bizarre, tangential links to very minor celebrities #1

Dr Hazel, my acupuncturist, has confirmed that she does treat That Bloke Off Of Hollyoaks Who Used To Be On Grange Hill.

This means that it was That Bloke Off Of Hollyoaks Who Used To Be On Grange Hill who apologised to me for having rattled the toilet door when I was in there a few weeks ago.




In other news, nothing sharpens the mind like the realisation that it was only one's inherent slowness of gait which saved one from being mown down on the Pelican Crossing by the boy racer to whom red lights are apparently just a sign to speed up.


The Editor

5 Comments:

Blogger Katie said...

I have to say your knowledge of both Grange Hill and Hollyoaks seems significantly greater than I imagined.

I have underestimated you.

3:53 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! I didn't know you knew TBOOHWUTBOGH - as I call him for short. Mind, not having (ever) seen Hollyoaks, and having not watched Grange Hill (apart from the final episode) for some fifteen years or so, I probably have no idea who it is anyway.

Unless it's That Bloke Off Of Grange Hill Who Ended Up On Eastenders And Then Went On To Do Something In The Bill Before Guesting On The Final Episode Of Grange Hill Again. Or 'Todd Carty' as I believe people call him for short (actually, I bet people call him 'Mark' or 'Tucker')

4:19 pm  
Blogger DD said...

I'd be a rubbish celebrity spotter.

I've never heard of Hollyoaks or Grange Hill before.

4:30 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Before I moved to the wilds of Derbyshire, I lived in London for an awfully long time and acquired a chiropractor there. Apart from sharing a waiting room with an incredibly famous rock star, and bumping into a certain politician on the doorstep, I heard several stories of MAJOR celebs he had treated. And I'd ask - do you ever tell them "You'd never guess who I've treated on this couch! Yeah, that's right, SphinxQueen!!!" No, he didn't, it turned out. Sigh.

11:32 pm  
Blogger Lady Bracknell said...

I feel the need to point out at this juncture that I haven't watched Grange Hill for at least fifteen years either.

And that I have never voluntarily watched Hollyoaks.

A former paramour of mine - who always had to be watching something* - used to watch the omnibus on Sunday mornings when he was visiting. Apart from that, I have only seen trailers.


*Hardly an annoying character trait at all and one which played very little part in my losing interest in him. No, really.

5:33 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home