.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The collected opinions of an august and aristocratic personage who, despite her body having succumbed to the ravages of time, yet retains the keen intellect, mordant wit and utter want of tact for which she was so universally lauded in her younger days. Being of a generation unequal to the mysterious demands of the computing device, Lady Bracknell relies on the good offices of her Editor for assistance with the technological aspects of her journal.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bracknell Towers

Saturday, September 27, 2008

If it's not superlambananas, it must be...

... jewellery.

Apologies to the Dude for the sustained lack of anything he can get his critical teeth into, but there a few items of jewellery-related news which I feel it incumbent on me to pass on.

Firstly, my great friend Nicole has opened a new Etsy shop Beijo Flor. In recognition of the fact that most people are currently feeling the pinch financially, she's produced some simpler pieces at extremely reasonable prices. Prices which are made even more reasonable by the fact that you can buy anything at 10% off the listed price in her grand opening sale. Everything in the shop is very recognisably Nicole - no-one else combines stones and colours in quite the same way.

Secondly, Veronica is holding one of her periodic 50%-off-everything-in-the-store sales - always a good opportunity to get hold of something classy for less than you might expect. Now that Veronica is offering lots of gemstone rings, the sale allows you to get one made to fit your ring size* for well under a tenner - and the shipping is free!

(* Here's how to work out your ring size in foreign.)

Thirdly, I found out yesterday that it's possible to buy a book of photographs of the lovely Bek's amazing jewellery designs. Be Clever...The Art of Bek Caruso can be ordered from Blurb.com. I've checked, and they ship internationally. The book is in a chunky 7" x 7" format - so nice in the hands - and is on my list of things-to-buy-when-I'm-slightly-less-impoverished.

Ok, that's it, My need to spread the word is (temporarily) assuaged. On with the motley!



The Editor

12 Comments:

Blogger DD said...

Aaaagh, temptation!

I've been so good recently, purchasing only one purple spotty Switch Stick and some matching purple patent pumps.

A whole new world of amethyst jewellery is opening up before me ....

10:22 am  
Blogger Lady Bracknell said...

Ah. Sorry about that.

I'm trying to spread the temptation!

10:25 am  
Blogger Optistatic said...

No! No more temptation, wayward Editor!

I have recently looked at your favourites and been tempted. Twice. You will be pleased to know that I made a point of avoiding buying items you wanted for yourself. It isn't kind tempting people like this so far in advance of Christmas, though.

On reflection, I think that it would be fair for us to start buying things that you want. That might stop you from spreading temptation so thoughtlessly. You are lucky that it is not within my nature to do such a thing.

8:18 pm  
Blogger Lady Bracknell said...

That is indeed a tricksy plan.

Hoist, and by my own petard!!

8:24 pm  
Blogger Katie said...

Ohh goodness. I must hurry home and spend all my money on Etsy

Oh.

I already did.

9:07 pm  
Blogger Lady Bracknell said...

And blamed me for, if memory serves...

9:10 pm  
Blogger Katie said...

In the nicest possible way, yes.

Where are your cats lately? No pictures for a while. Have you foresaken them for a superlambanana and some Etsy necklaces?

11:48 pm  
Blogger Lady Bracknell said...

They were annoying me, so I made them into a pair of slippers.




;-)

6:44 am  
Blogger Optistatic said...

I'm really sorry to hear about your cats. It's always sad when the sacred relationship between pets and their owners goes wrong. Having said that, I bet Bertie made great slippers.


*Runs and hides*

10:05 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oo! Waaaaant the prehenite one.

5:44 pm  
Blogger Lady Bracknell said...

Abi,

I was in the office when your comment arrived, and had to try to disguise my snorts of mirth as a coughing fit!

Miss Prism,

At that price, how can you resist?

(I say this because I personally intend to buy a full set of six the moment my pay hits my bank account, so just the prehnite one seems a very modest desire to me!)

6:02 pm  
Blogger laughing said...

Maybe someone will make some superlambanana jewelery for you. Then you can have both.

11:28 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home