.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The collected opinions of an august and aristocratic personage who, despite her body having succumbed to the ravages of time, yet retains the keen intellect, mordant wit and utter want of tact for which she was so universally lauded in her younger days. Being of a generation unequal to the mysterious demands of the computing device, Lady Bracknell relies on the good offices of her Editor for assistance with the technological aspects of her journal.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bracknell Towers

Saturday, September 20, 2008

Can you feel the love tonight?

Any remaining readers of this blog who have not yet succumbed to the prevalent fashion for Superlambanana Ennui may be thrilled to discover that the Liverpool Echo - in conjuction with Bruntwood - is running a "SuperLOVEbanana" competition.

The prize for the winning entry is a 4 foot high superlambanana model, with two runners-up prizes of a mini lambanana.


To be in with a chance of adorning your own home with a superlambanana, you need to submit your 250-word entry by the closing date of October 3rd. It can be a poem, a song, a story, or a memory.


(I have visions of nascent poets all across Liverpool desperately trying to come up with words that rhyme with superlambanana. Pop and I devised a deeply unpleasant limerick between us. Fortunately, I failed to commit it to memory.)


In no way is this blog entry merely an excuse for me to publish this photograph of a mini lambanana which I took using my mobile phone on the way into work one day last week, and had completely forgotten about until this afternoon.



The Editor

10 Comments:

Blogger DD said...

Someone pass me a pad and pencil quick, I want to win a mini lambanana.

There could never be too many photos of them for me.

8:35 pm  
Blogger Lady Bracknell said...

Bless you!

I almost mentioned you by name as someone who has not yet tired of the lovely beasties.

(The Dude, on the other hand...)

8:39 pm  
Blogger Mary said...

I think many of them are adorable, but I wonder if there is a way of entering *just* for the mini-ones. As I believe you have observed previously, the bigger ones are rather too big to be accomodated in most homes.

11:13 am  
Blogger Lady Bracknell said...

Two minds with but a single thought...

Alas, the only remedy would seem to be to deliberately submit a very slightly sub-par entry.

11:49 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I cannot help but connect this post with the earlier one about the mystery malachite objet d'art.

Could that have been a Superlovebanana?

9:52 pm  
Blogger laughing said...

I think that there is always someone who is better than you. So you should go ahead and try your best, and then you might end up in second place anyway.

I think that the worst that could happen would be that you'd win first place and end up having to donate the thing to your local park.

11:37 am  
Blogger Lily said...

Call me a heretic, call me a miserable old sod, but I think those lambanana things are just plain ugly. Oh, you did :-(

5:04 pm  
Blogger Lady Bracknell said...

They're an acquired taste.

Everyone in Liverpool hated the original Superlambanana when it first appeared, and for quite some time thereafter.

But it grows on you over a ten-year period...

5:22 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm, if I win will they ship this thing to the U.S.?

6:55 pm  
Blogger Lady Bracknell said...

Um, I'm thinking probably not.

Although, unless it stipulates in the rules that they won't, I think they might have to.

How cool would it be to have the only one in the States? :-)

7:54 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home