.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The collected opinions of an august and aristocratic personage who, despite her body having succumbed to the ravages of time, yet retains the keen intellect, mordant wit and utter want of tact for which she was so universally lauded in her younger days. Being of a generation unequal to the mysterious demands of the computing device, Lady Bracknell relies on the good offices of her Editor for assistance with the technological aspects of her journal.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bracknell Towers

Saturday, April 12, 2008

Another fine mess

Ok, so it was early in the morning when I found her by chance on Etsy, and I was extremely pushed for time: however, I feel a lingering sense of guilt that I didn't find the time to send a message to the American jewellery maker whose shop blurb begins,

"I put a little bit of spunk in everything I make"

and explain to her what it is about that statement which might discourage potential buyers from the UK.



The Editor

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahahahaha

Oh, surely it wouldn't discourage all of them, right? ;)

6:42 pm  
Blogger Lady Bracknell said...

Um well, maybe not.


But would you want to sell to people who were after that particuar quality in an earring?!?

6:45 pm  
Blogger letitiah said...

oh dear, I'd like my jewelry sans that, thank you!

11:12 pm  
Blogger The Goldfish said...

I did once have a long and disturbing conversation with a jeweller friend about all the materials which had at some time used to create jewellery. Apparently there was a fad among the avant garde in the 70s for various exotic organic materials to be sealed in clear resin and worn as jewellery. No flowers or feathers, you understand.

Actually, a brief search revealed Elephant dung earrings, Koala Poo Earrings and several references to Moose Dropping Earrings which can be purchased at the annual Moose Dropping Festival in Alaska.

But these are quite attractive and it would be argued that they fit your seller's description...

9:42 am  
Blogger Lady Bracknell said...

Things you learn... :-)

(And I thought I had cornered the market in bizarre Google searches!)

9:47 am  
Blogger DD said...

Eeeeeuw!

Although not as nausea inducing as this

5:14 pm  
Blogger marmiteboy said...

Come again!

12:27 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

At quite a young age, probably not older than 8 or 9, I read an American-written children's book about the adventures of some gang of children. At one point, they had to escape from the baddies by scrambling down a hillside.

"They slid down the hill on their fannies." I can't remember anything else about the book, but that's an image that has stayed with me to this day...

11:40 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It cuts both ways of course. Our American cousins tend to look askance when we use the term 'knock someone up' in the sense of rapping smartly on their front door rather than impregnating them.

9:59 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home