.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The collected opinions of an august and aristocratic personage who, despite her body having succumbed to the ravages of time, yet retains the keen intellect, mordant wit and utter want of tact for which she was so universally lauded in her younger days. Being of a generation unequal to the mysterious demands of the computing device, Lady Bracknell relies on the good offices of her Editor for assistance with the technological aspects of her journal.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bracknell Towers

Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Gift idea

Stuck for an idea for a birthday present for your tragically-crippled friend/family member?

You know, the one you admire for being able to stay so cheerful despite the unspeakable sufferings imposed on her by her unfortunate and disfiguring handicap?

How about these?


The Editor











With huge apologies to the seller, whose creations I really like, and who is not responsible for either the tragedy model of disability or the concept of the super crip. But I'm afraid - given my own involvement in disability politics - I laughed out loud when I saw them.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Que?

"You've reached an error: The listing you have tried to access does not exist"

What had it previously shown?

11:48 pm  
Blogger Lady Bracknell said...

Curses!

The listing was withdrawn!

Here's the same thing from the seller's "sold" items.

6:40 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wonder if one might order a pair with different words on each?

I quite fancy "Pain" and "Panic"!

Dude

8:15 am  
Blogger Mary said...

"in" and "out" would be appropriate earring-words for the way my brain works of late.

10:16 am  
Blogger BloggingMone said...

What kind of disability is it, which enables a person to read a mood lifting massage on his/her own ear rings while wearing them?

2:12 pm  
Blogger DD said...

I'd like some saying 'Feck' and 'Arse' for my 'stroppy crip' days.

10:16 pm  
Blogger Jewelry by Titi said...

Hi lady!
I found a link to your blog in your etsy profile! You seem like such an amazing lady! Feel free to convo me whenever you feel like a chat! ,jewelrybytiti

11:39 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home