.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The collected opinions of an august and aristocratic personage who, despite her body having succumbed to the ravages of time, yet retains the keen intellect, mordant wit and utter want of tact for which she was so universally lauded in her younger days. Being of a generation unequal to the mysterious demands of the computing device, Lady Bracknell relies on the good offices of her Editor for assistance with the technological aspects of her journal.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bracknell Towers

Thursday, March 13, 2008

Insufferably smug

The TUC published guidance for unions this Tuesday about approaches to disability.

It's called Trade Unions, Disability and the Social Model.


Guess who wrote the first draft of the motion for TUC Disability Conference 2007 which resulted in that guidance being written?






The Editor

6 Comments:

Blogger DD said...

Now, let me see, who do I know who is familiar with models of disability, accessibility issues and has a way with words? Hmmm,.....

Could it be a certain editor?

9:20 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My first guess would be... um... Boris Johnson?

No, no, wait... erm...

Ah, hang on! Dame Honoria has given me a clue. It's an editor of some description.

It wasn't Piers Morgan, was it?

...unless of course it was your good self :-)

10:31 pm  
Blogger Lady Bracknell said...

Durn it! You both saw straight through my cunning subterfuge!

Yes, I wrote it.

It was over a year ago, so I had half forgotten about it.

But now I am a very chuffed Editor indeed :-)

7:55 am  
Blogger Mary said...

Can't think what the right words to say are, but I want to say something marvellously positive and congratulatory without saying something stupid (oops) so please imagine that I did.

9:17 am  
Blogger Lady Bracknell said...

Thank you.

Obviously, there are a great many people involved in such things, and it's pot luck whether your own precious idea gets chosen to be put forward.

So it was a fortunate confluence of events.

But the motion itself was entirely my own idea.

I hope the guidance will make a positive difference to how disabled trade unionists are treated by their organisations.

5:10 pm  
Blogger Katie said...

I was going to suggest David Cameron. But it was YOU. What a surprise!

3:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home