.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The collected opinions of an august and aristocratic personage who, despite her body having succumbed to the ravages of time, yet retains the keen intellect, mordant wit and utter want of tact for which she was so universally lauded in her younger days. Being of a generation unequal to the mysterious demands of the computing device, Lady Bracknell relies on the good offices of her Editor for assistance with the technological aspects of her journal.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bracknell Towers

Sunday, March 04, 2007

Oh dear

Lady Bracknell's Editor has been given the task of researching parlour games which would lend themselves to being played in the blog format.

It would appear from the research undertaken so far that our American cousins like to play games at what they refer to as "baby showers". Here is a game that Lady Bracknell will not be playing, either on her own blog, or, for that matter, anywhere else:


Melt the Ice
The day before the shower, freeze diaper pins, miniature pacifiers, tiny plastic babies, or similar items in ice cube trays. Give each guest an ice cube in a glass of water or other drink. The first person whose ice has melted so that the frozen item floats freely in the glass shouts, "My water broke!" and wins the game.

6 Comments:

Blogger Mary said...

I'm not entirely sure how I'd feel about a tiny plastic baby floating around in my orange juice...

3:06 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do wish I hadn't read that.

I once had a patient's waters break over my shoes, and I didn't have a spare pair at work.

Squelch.

3:40 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ma'am

At the risk of offending any of your colonial readers, I have to say I'm glad that I'm not one.

Respectfully

Dude

11:07 pm  
Blogger seahorse said...

I'll stick to my magic flashing ice cubes. They don't melt and in moments of lesser light sensitivity can be quite cheering, as they strobe green or red from your glass. Would be fun to swallow one at a baby shower. Then you could shout "Look! My baby's flashing!"

1:07 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Melbamae

Hurrah!

Anyone sufficiently sensible to apply for British citizenship on the basis of this example alone is, of course, excluded from my previous remark. I'm sure Her Ladyship will be only too pleased to join me in offering to stand as a referee or character witness should the necessary formalities require such.

Dude

1:31 pm  
Blogger Lady Bracknell said...

Lady Bracknell is afraid that it gets worse. Readers of a sensitive disposition are advised against following this link. (Although she supposes she ought to be impressed that the babies are available in both Caucasian and African American skin tones.)

However, the horror engendered by the Melt the Ice game does rather pale into insignificance in comparison with this "hilarious game idea".

6:37 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home