.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The collected opinions of an august and aristocratic personage who, despite her body having succumbed to the ravages of time, yet retains the keen intellect, mordant wit and utter want of tact for which she was so universally lauded in her younger days. Being of a generation unequal to the mysterious demands of the computing device, Lady Bracknell relies on the good offices of her Editor for assistance with the technological aspects of her journal.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bracknell Towers

Sunday, February 01, 2009

For the love of lambananas

For reasons no more complicated than the fact that I bought one myself and was then given one for Christmas, I find myself with a supernumerary copy of the GoSuperlambananas book.


Had m'learned friend Dame Honoria not also managed to get herself presented with a copy for Christmas, I would have passed my spare one on to her.



That particular avenue being now closed to me, it has occurred to me instead that I should send my spare copy to whichever of my readers composes the most superlambanana-book-deserving comment on this blog entry.



If, therefore, you love the lambs and either couldn't find, or couldn't afford, a copy of this book of your very own, tell me why I should send my spare copy to you.

Bertie and I will judge all the entries next weekend.



I'm quite willing to, as they say on all the best websites, "ship internationally". My only caveat is that whoever wins will need to bear in mind that, when it comes to wrapping things up ready to take them to the Post Office, the spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak. (Or, to put it another way, wrapping things up hurts like a bar steward.) So there may be a considerable delay between the winner knowing that they have won, and actually receiving the book.



Assuming you can live with that, let battle commence...



The Editor

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

As a resident of Gateshead, I was somewhat peeved when the city of culture went to Liverpool, because this meant that I would be unable to share in the bounteous unrepenting joy that would come from living in the European Capital Of Culture.

I personally was doubly upset because I had been drawn to take part in the area's celebrations had we won, which meant that not only did I not get to be part of the City of Culture, but I also had the chance of a free party cruelly snatched away from me.

It would therefore demonstrate the overwhelming generosity of the human spirit that I am sure is exhibited by The Editor, were she to allow me to share in the culture to a minor extent by allowing me to share in the superlambanana fun, and would show that Liverpool's City of Culture win was not triumphalist, but that those benefiting from that extra additional culture were willing to share it with poor unfortunate wretches, such as myself, who missed out.

5:19 pm  
Blogger Lady Bracknell said...

Oh, a very strong first contender, there...

5:22 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A lady of classical bent
Expressing a heartfelt lament
"I’ve more than enough,"
She said of the stuff
To Australia I’ll have excess sent!

6:05 am  
Blogger DD said...

This is not an entry as I am already in possession of this wondrous tome.

I would urge any potential entrants to go creativenanas at once, it's a prize well worth winning.

9:09 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello again Lady B: have you heard you're getting a permanent superlambanana?

5:03 pm  
Blogger Lady Bracknell said...

I had, thank you, yes: there was a flurry of excitement in the office earlier today :-)

7:54 pm  
Blogger Optistatic said...

I was born and raised in Birkenhead, and as such would normally have had a reasonable expectation of being around Liverpool for the capital of culture year. Had I been around, I would have had time to search for Superlambananas and see them in their lamby, bananaesque glory.

Alas, this was not to be. My University city did not let me go after I finished my degree, and my organ playing duties in that city prevent me from spending a full weekend visiting my parents. As such, my time in Liverpool tends to be occasional and rushed, with no time for exploring the farthest reaches of Superlambananadom. Nor the less far reaches, for that matter.

As a result of this unfortunate circumstance, my only experience of many of these wondrous creatures has been through the photographs you took during your intrepid Superlambsafaris. I am grateful for the efforts you took to share these beautiful, elusive creatures with me (and seriously, why aren't they staying in Liverpool for ever?), but I want more!

I realise that there are a few things here which do not work in my favour. I do, as has already been mentioned, come from Birkenhead; that doesn't really work in anyone's favour, does it? Additionally, it may appear to you that this is more a demand than a request.

Please will you send the Superlambanana book to me? I would be ever so grateful. Additionally, I would be pleased to send some of my incredibly wonderful hand-made soap in your direction. Which is bribery, I know, and so probably disqualifies me automatically. But it is very nice soap - creamy and lathery, and made with wonderful oils.

12:51 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home