.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The collected opinions of an august and aristocratic personage who, despite her body having succumbed to the ravages of time, yet retains the keen intellect, mordant wit and utter want of tact for which she was so universally lauded in her younger days. Being of a generation unequal to the mysterious demands of the computing device, Lady Bracknell relies on the good offices of her Editor for assistance with the technological aspects of her journal.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bracknell Towers

Monday, July 14, 2008

On safari

Alert readers - presumably the type who do not depend on opiates to get them through the day - may recall a fairly recent reference to the phenomenon of the superlambanana herd which is currently browsing the pavements of the city.

They are a passing phenomenon, as they will disappear at the end of August to be auctioned off to persons possessed of either very large houses or very secure gardens. So I have decided, as I am on leave this week, to attempt to hunt a few of the blighters down.



So, armed with little more than a pith helmet, a butterfly net, a camera and The Least Helpful Map In The World, I sallied forth on the first day of my safari. (In all honesty, given the state my back is in after all the striding through the undergrowth and fending off marauding lions, this may be only a one-day safari. But I would hope to be fit enough to attempt the more northerly reaches of the game park later in the week. We shall see.)

I did not bag quite as many of the beasts as the map had led me to believe I might, but my haul was large enough for it to be too unwieldy to include pictorial evidence of each specimen in one - or, indeed, several - blog entries.



I have, therefore, taken the previously unprecedented step of opening an account on Flickr. Clicking on the link will take you through to an album of all the photographs I took today. (Well, all of them except for the ones in which surly pedestrians deliberately strode between the camera lens and the object of the photograph.) I've incorporated a couple of pictures into this blog entry to whet your appetite. Or to put you off completely. Depending on the degree of affection you harbour in your bosom for superlambananas...





The Editor

4 Comments:

Blogger DD said...

Oh, they're FAB!

I really think we need some for the front lawn. I particularly like the gren lamb.

9:26 pm  
Blogger Lady Bracknell said...

Me too. He is my current favourite.

9:31 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

...flickr? It'll be facebook next.
We'll make a geek of you yet :-)

2:30 am  
Blogger Lady Bracknell said...

I know...

Thin end of the wedge or what?

8:22 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home