.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The collected opinions of an august and aristocratic personage who, despite her body having succumbed to the ravages of time, yet retains the keen intellect, mordant wit and utter want of tact for which she was so universally lauded in her younger days. Being of a generation unequal to the mysterious demands of the computing device, Lady Bracknell relies on the good offices of her Editor for assistance with the technological aspects of her journal.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bracknell Towers

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

We're together in dreams

Last night, I dreamed that I passed a great bustard on my way home from work. It was standing in a field. "Oh, look: that's a great bustard", I said to the very nice lady who gives me a lift home.



Thing is, if you had asked me yesterday when I was awake whether I knew what a great bustard was, I'd've been hard-pushed to come up with the right answer...



The Editor

7 Comments:

Blogger Jess said...

Ground-nesters of the subconscious (would be the title of my debut album, if I won Pop Idol)! They get in there.

9:07 pm  
Blogger Lady Bracknell said...

Oh, indeed they do.

But what is it which makes them suddenly appear like that, I wonder...?

I asked Pop this evening whether I could vacate my own head and live in his for a while. He wasn't keen.

10:00 pm  
Blogger Jess said...

Probably doesn't want you finding out what he's bought you for Christmas while you're in there. You might change his mind while he's not looking. ;)

I always thought Jung's theory about the collective unconscious interesting. But I'm not sure the collective unconscious is meant to include something as specific as a Great Bustard-- it's not exactly an iconic sort of bird. I wonder if perhaps you half-heard something about it at one time, just in passing, and subconsciously filed it away? That's certainly possible.

3:17 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Sage who knows her onions.

I have stuffed myself well at your bounteous table. I have gobbled here at my hearts content.

You saucy thing you;-)

Ivor Moosbeere

1:09 pm  
Blogger DD said...

Did the great bustard in your dream look like the one in the photograph?

6:11 pm  
Blogger Lady Bracknell said...

Well, it was very big. And brown.

But no, not exactly.

6:14 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you sure you're spelling it right? You were on the way home from work, after all.....

8:27 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home