.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The collected opinions of an august and aristocratic personage who, despite her body having succumbed to the ravages of time, yet retains the keen intellect, mordant wit and utter want of tact for which she was so universally lauded in her younger days. Being of a generation unequal to the mysterious demands of the computing device, Lady Bracknell relies on the good offices of her Editor for assistance with the technological aspects of her journal.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bracknell Towers

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

In which the Editor chairs a meeting

Chairing meetings is generally a fairly thankless task, if one in which I have had a fair amount of practice over the years. I can't say I actually enjoy it, but I prefer it to being chaired by someone who considers an agenda to be a vague starting point for general, meandering, inconclusive discussions. Woe betide anyone who meanders under my jurisdiction! Of course, a lot depends on the character and intelligence of the people who attend a particular meeting.

Anyway, just for the record, I'd really rather never even sit in the same room again as the individual whose comments today included the following priceless gems:




"If you need anyone to take on management, you might want to know that I speak fluent Klingon."

"I need to stand closer to you. Then I can sniff it."*




I promise you I am not making this up.





*It's possible I shouldn't have regaled Pop with this while he was driving home. I suspect that his immoderate mirth rendered him a temporary danger to other motorists.


The Editor

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Woe betide anyone who meanders under my jurisdiction!"

CharlesDawson wishes it to be known that though grateful for the indirect not to say unmeant, mention, he is most relieved not to be in that position!

10:38 am  
Blogger Lady Bracknell said...

Oops. Wholly unintentional. Long day. Sorry.


The Editor.

6:47 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

May one enquire, of what precisely was this a meeting?

Were both comments from the same individual, or are there two such people out there?

8:32 pm  
Blogger Lady Bracknell said...

It was a meeting of a trade union disability advisory committee.

The sniffing Trekkie was elected on to the committee last year. For which the extant members were profoundly grateful. Ish.

The Editor

9:21 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home