.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The collected opinions of an august and aristocratic personage who, despite her body having succumbed to the ravages of time, yet retains the keen intellect, mordant wit and utter want of tact for which she was so universally lauded in her younger days. Being of a generation unequal to the mysterious demands of the computing device, Lady Bracknell relies on the good offices of her Editor for assistance with the technological aspects of her journal.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bracknell Towers

Thursday, December 07, 2006

Bad dreams in the night


If Lady Bracknell has one failing, it is a wearying propensity for having entire nights' repose disturbed by nightmares of the most distressing kind.

She was woken innumerable times last night by feverish dreams in which she conducted the most vituperative and unpleasant arguments with close friends: friends with whom she has absolutely no axe to grind in the waking world.

As a result, she feels positively wretched today.

Young Bertram Bracknell, on the other hand, has clearly mastered the skill of relaxed and dreamless sleep. No nightmares plague his subconscious mind.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My bloody cat was obviously bored last night, and kept sticking her paws in my eyes and biting me on the elbows with the clear meaning of "Amuse me, monkey!".

Swap you for Bertie? No? Oh well.

10:28 am  
Blogger Mary said...

Lady Bracknell is not alone. I woke up screaming from my afternoon nap yesterday because I had the most vivid dream that I was being shot by a firing squad.

I am inclined to place at least part of the blame on the season - changing air-pressures and temperatures, Christmas shopping stress and all that goes with it, and not least, the disturbing clanks and gurgles the central heating makes when it kicks in...

11:05 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I normally enjoy the deep slumber usually afforded only to the innocent. This may have something to do with the fact that Your Ladyship is such a hard task-mistress; either that or the shovels-full of pills I consume before retiring.

However, in a most distressing twist on Your Ladyship’s plight, I recently experienced a most pleasant dream about someone on whom, in real life, I would not pee if they were on fire. And of course these new feelings of benevolence carried over into my waking consciousness so that I found myself viewing said miscreant in a much softer light.

Took me several days to shake that one off!

Dude

8:16 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home