.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The collected opinions of an august and aristocratic personage who, despite her body having succumbed to the ravages of time, yet retains the keen intellect, mordant wit and utter want of tact for which she was so universally lauded in her younger days. Being of a generation unequal to the mysterious demands of the computing device, Lady Bracknell relies on the good offices of her Editor for assistance with the technological aspects of her journal.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bracknell Towers

Wednesday, September 05, 2007

One Koali, two Koali, three Koali, four...

A very exciting thing almost happened to me last Friday.




The Koali sales rep had an appointment with the lovely Mark Blankstone at 10 a.m. He was to be bringing the new range of designs with him. I had been granted permission to muscle in on the meeting. (This sounds exceedingly tolerant, I know. But Mark is quietly confident that Editor see Koali, Editor undergo brief struggle with conscience, Editor buy Koali.)


I set my alarm and got up early. I made a careful decision about which pair of Koali specs I would wear. I got to the shop just before 10. The rep wasn't there. He had had to cancel his visit to Mark in favour of an emergency dental appointment.

I was disproportionately disappointed.


Weary and footsore, I returned home. Following a slightly confusing conversation with a man from the electricity board who was adamant that someone had rung at midnight to complain that there was no power in the flat below mine - the flat which has been unoccupied this last five years - I applied myself to Google.


And I found what I had been looking for. Something which I truly don't think was there the last time I looked. You can now buy some of the Koali frames online. (Which, given the number of people who have visited this blog after doing a bit of Koali-Googling of their own, should please one or two of its less regular readers no end. Certainly Melbamae got quite excited when I passed on the good news. Particularly when she discovered that the frames come out at only about £70 apiece.)




Now, the drawback is that the illustrations aren't that good. Looks to me as though someone has scanned them in from the relevant pages of the hard-copy catalogue. You'll need to go to the maximum enlargement they offer to get any real idea of what the frames look like. And, even then, the colour reproduction is a tad dodgy.




So, to give you a better idea of what Koali frames look like when they've been lit and photographed well, I've illustrated this post with a few photos which I have dredged up from the depths of Google Images. Purely because I'm nice like that and not at all because I have what Mark calls "spectacle-sickness". Oh no. Perish the thought. Not me, guv. Etc.






The Editor




PS This last one is, I'm assuming, a promotional shot for the new designs. And, really, you've got to take your hat off to anyone who can come up with designs for spectacle frames based on a jellyfish...

5 Comments:

Blogger DD said...

So you weren't tempted by these?

8:47 pm  
Blogger Lady Bracknell said...

You scare me...

9:05 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Honoria has enormous specs-appeal!!

4:19 pm  
Blogger Kim said...

You are my hero! I have been scouring the Internet looking for Koali frames after finding out they would cost me nearly $300 American at my eye doctor. HALF the price at the site you linked to.

I don't know you, but I love you...my dog loves you...my students love you....I don't think my eye doctor loves you, though! I'll have to ask him when I take my newly (online) purchased Koali 6332K frames in for lenses. : )

3:41 am  
Blogger Lady Bracknell said...

Always pleased when my tireless Googling assists somebody else :-)

Whilst I'm in full-on hero mode, you may also want to look at a couple of eBay sellers:-

Cheap Peeps;

Net Eyetique; and

Exquisite Eyewear. (No Koalis for sale at the moment but she does often stock them. I've had two pairs from her.)

I wish you great joy of your frames, with the proviso that it's very difficult to stop at one pair... ;-)

6:35 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home