.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The collected opinions of an august and aristocratic personage who, despite her body having succumbed to the ravages of time, yet retains the keen intellect, mordant wit and utter want of tact for which she was so universally lauded in her younger days. Being of a generation unequal to the mysterious demands of the computing device, Lady Bracknell relies on the good offices of her Editor for assistance with the technological aspects of her journal.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bracknell Towers

Monday, May 07, 2007

Tarquin

I'm grateful to Funky Mango for alerting me to the existence of the opportunity to find my own daemon.

(If you don't know what a daemon is, then you've been spending far too little time reading Philip Pullman's His Dark Materials trilogy.)


The Editor

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm going to retake the test. My daemon is a SPIDER!!!
Nooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!

Nice name, though - Apollonious.

Right, retaken the test - much better result now, a fox called Rasthmus. He's a handsome chappie and has only four legs.

2:35 pm  
Blogger Lady Bracknell said...

If I had thought that there was even the slightest possibility that my quest might have resulted in a spider, I would never have taken the test!!

3:41 pm  
Blogger Funky Mango said...

You're too kind your ladyship...and I have to say your tiger is rather more handsome than my whippet!

6:25 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mine is a chimpanzee, and no cracks, please. Didn't catch the name.

7:29 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got a fox too, but his name was Arathorn. Youngest got a gibbon called Apollonious. Seems they ran out of names. What did you have to enter to get a spider? I'd have liked one of those!
Angie

7:43 pm  
Blogger Lady Bracknell said...

I was rather chuffed to get the tiger, I must say.

Mind you, I know someone who would be very pleased if his daemon turned out to be a gibbon...

8:11 pm  
Blogger Funky Mango said...

A funky one I hope?

9:10 pm  
Blogger Mary said...

Aeschlus (sp?) the whippet.

I remain unconvinced.

3:17 pm  
Blogger Sally said...

I am in august company, my daemon also being a tiger, although named Alexius, which is apt.

9:57 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alchaeon the spider, I'm afraid. I sort of like him.

*fetches glass and bit of card*

2:40 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home